Venue: Council Chamber, Bath Guildhall
Contact: Ian Hird
Apologies for absence and substitutions
Declarations of interest
Members who consider that they have an interest to declare are asked to: a) State the item number in which they have an interest, b) The nature of the interest, c) Whether the interest is a disclosable pecuniary interest, non-disclosable pecuniary interest or nonpecuniary interest. Any Member who is unsure about the above should seek advice from the Monitoring Officer prior to the meeting in order to expedite matters at the meeting itself.
Please note: as this is an Extraordinary meeting of the committee, questions and statements (and any petitions) must be about the business for which this extraordinary meeting has been arranged.
WRITTEN PUBLIC QUESTIONS (written procedure)
1. Any member of the public can submit a maximum of two written questions in advance of this meeting.
2. The deadline for the submission of questions is 5.00 pm, at least 3 clear working days ahead of a meeting. For this meeting, the deadline for questions is 5.00 pm on Tuesday 14 September.
3. Questions should be addressed to the Chair of the meeting and e-mailed to email@example.com
4. Under the direction of the Chair, wherever possible, written replies to questions will be sent to questioners by the end of the working day prior to the meeting.
5. Please note - under the Combined Authority’s committee procedures, there is no opportunity for oral supplementary questions to be asked at committee meetings.
6. The written questions and replies will be circulated to committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the Combined Authority website.
1. Any member of the public may submit a written statement (or petition) to this meeting.
2. Please note that one statement per individual is permitted.
3. Statements must be submitted in writing and received by the deadline of 12 noon on the working day before the meeting. For this meeting, the deadline for statements is 12 noon on Friday 17 September. Statements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Statements will be listed for the meeting in the order of receipt. All statements will be sent to committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the Combined Authority website.
5. Please note: If any member of the public wishes to attend the meeting to orally present their statement, they are asked please to notify the Combined Authority’s Democratic Services team of this at the point when their statement is submitted and by 12 noon on the working day before the meeting at the very latest. For those presenting their statements at the meeting, up to 3 minutes ‘speaking time’ is permitted for each statement. The total time available for the public session at this meeting is 30 minutes.
All members of the public attending to present statements are requested please to take a Covid-19 lateral flow test 24 hours before the day of the meeting.
An Extraordinary joint meeting of the West of England Combined Authority Committee and West of England Joint Committee is being held on 21 September. The committees will be considering reports setting out principles for a refreshed climate emergency ambition and plans for a Green Recovery Fund.
The agenda and reports for the 21 September meeting are due to be published on 13 September. These will be circulated as soon as available to Overview & Scrutiny members.
At the 20 September meeting, Overview and Scrutiny members will be briefed on, and invited to comment on these reports.