WECA Overview & Scrutiny Committee
Purpose of committee
The WECA Overview & Scrutiny Committee is made up of 11 members from the across the Combined Authority region and is chaired by Cllr Stephen Clarke (Bristol City Council). It holds powers to review or scrutinise the work of WECA and the discharge of its functions and make reports or recommendations on these or other matters which affect inhabitants of the WECA area. Where the business of the Local Enterprise Partnership relates to the discharge of functions of WECA, the Committee holds these powers also.
North Somerset Councillors sit alongside the Committee to consider Joint Committee items.
Note: due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, WECA virtual public committee meetings are currently being arranged as ‘Zoom’ video conferencing meetings, broadcast on the WECA YouTube channel.
WRITTEN PUBLIC QUESTIONS
1. Any member of the public can submit a maximum of two written questions to a meeting.
2. The deadline for the submission of questions is 5.00 pm, at least 3 clear working days ahead of a meeting.
3. Questions should be addressed to the Chair of the meeting and e-mailed to email@example.com
4. Under the direction of the Chair, wherever possible, written replies to questions will be sent to questioners by the end of the working day prior to the meeting.
5. Please note - under WECA committee procedures, there is no opportunity for oral supplementary questions to be asked at committee meetings.
6. Questions and replies will be circulated to committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the WECA website.
1. Any member of the public may submit a written statement (or petition) to a meeting.
2. Please note that one statement per individual is permitted.
3. Statements must be submitted in writing and received by the deadline of 12 noon on the working day before the meeting. Statements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr Brian Allinson South Gloucestershire Council
- Cllr James Arrowsmith South Gloucestershire Council
- Cllr John Ashe South Gloucestershire Council
- Cllr Stephen Clarke (Chair) Bristol City Council
- Cllr Winston Duguid Bath and North East Somerset
- Cllr Geoff Gollop Bristol City Council
- Cllr Gary Hopkins Bristol City Council
- Cllr Carole Johnson Bristol City Council
- Cllr Brenda Massey Bristol City Council
- Cllr Hal MacFie Bath and North East Somerset Council
- Cllr Mhairi Threlfall Bristol City Council
West of England Combined Authority
Phone: 0117 332 1486