Joint meeting - West of England Combined Authority Committee and West of England Joint Committee
Purpose of committee
This is a joint meeting of the West of England Combined Authority Committee and the West of England Joint Committee.
Please note – from January 2020 onwards, this is the main WECA member decision-taking meeting. Prior to January 2020, the WECA Committee and the Joint Committee met separately on the same day. To streamline arrangements and to enable more efficient meetings, Mayors and Leaders agreed in January 2020 that the WECA Committee and the Joint Committee should in future meet together at a joint meeting. This enables, for example, all reports to be published as one, unified agenda and means that one public forum session can take place near the start of the meeting. The two committees are separate bodies in legal terms but now meet together.
Note: due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, WECA virtual public committee meetings are currently being arranged as ‘Zoom’ video conferencing meetings, broadcast on the WECA YouTube channel.
WRITTEN PUBLIC QUESTIONS
1. Any member of the public can submit a maximum of two written questions to a meeting.
2. The deadline for the submission of questions is 5.00 pm, at least 3 clear working days ahead of a meeting.
3. Questions should be addressed to the Chair of the meeting and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Under the direction of the Chair, wherever possible, written replies to questions will be sent to questioners by the end of the working day prior to the meeting.
5. Please note - under WECA committee procedures, there is no opportunity for oral supplementary questions to be asked at committee meetings.
6. Questions and replies will be circulated to committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the WECA website.
1. Any member of the public may submit a written statement (or petition) to a meeting.
2. Please note that one statement per individual is permitted.
3. Statements must be submitted in writing and received by the deadline of 12 noon on the working day before the meeting. Statements should be emailed to email@example.com
- Mayor Tim Bowles
- Cllr Donald Davies
- Mayor Marvin Rees
- Cllr Dine Romero
- Cllr Toby Savage
- Prof Steve West