This is a joint meeting of the West of England
Combined Authority Committee and the West of England Joint
Please note –
since January 2020 onwards, this is the main member
decision-taking meeting. Prior to
January 2020, the Combined Authority Committee and the Joint
Committee met separately on the same day. To streamline arrangements and to enable more
efficient meetings, Mayors and Leaders agreed in January 2020 that
the Combined Authority Committee and the Joint Committee should in
future meet together at a joint meeting. This enables, for example, all reports to be
published as one, unified agenda and means that one public forum
session can take place near the start of the meeting. The two committees are separate bodies in legal
terms but now meet together.
1. Any member of the public can submit a
maximum of two written questions to a meeting.
2. The deadline for the submission of
questions is 5.00 pm, at least 3 clear working days ahead of a
3. Questions should be addressed to the Chair
of the meeting and e-mailed to email@example.com
4. Under the direction of the Chair, wherever
possible, written replies to questions will be sent to questioners
by the end of the working day prior to the meeting.
5. Please note - under WECA committee
procedures, there is no opportunity for oral supplementary
questions to be asked at committee meetings.
6. Questions and replies will be circulated to
committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the
1. Any member of the public may submit a
written statement (or petition) to a meeting.
2. Please note that one statement per
individual is permitted.
3. Statements must be submitted in writing and
received by the deadline of 12 noon on the working day before the
meeting. Statements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org