The Audit Committee comprises
12 people, 11 members from the three constituent authorities of
WECA, and one independent member. The role of the Audit Committee
is to provide independent assurance to the Combined Authority on
its governance, internal control and risk management arrangements
and to oversee the statutory financial reporting
Note: due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic,
WECA virtual public committee meetings are currently being arranged
as ‘Zoom’ video conferencing meetings, broadcast on the
WECA YouTube channel.
1. Any member of the public can submit a
maximum of two written questions to a meeting.
2. The deadline for the submission of
questions is 5.00 pm, at least 3 clear working days ahead of a
3. Questions should be addressed to the Chair
of the meeting and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Under the direction of the Chair, wherever
possible, written replies to questions will be sent to questioners
by the end of the working day prior to the meeting.
5. Please note - under WECA committee
procedures, there is no opportunity for oral supplementary
questions to be asked at committee meetings.
6. Questions and replies will be circulated to
committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the
1. Any member of the public may submit a
written statement (or petition) to a meeting.
2. Please note that one statement per
individual is permitted.
3. Statements must be submitted in writing and
received by the deadline of 12 noon on the working day before the
meeting. Statements should be emailed to email@example.com