The WECA Overview &
Scrutiny Committee is made up of 11 members from the across the
Combined Authority region and is chaired by Cllr Stephen Clarke
(Bristol City Council). It holds powers to review or scrutinise the
work of WECA and the discharge of its functions and make reports or
recommendations on these or other matters which affect inhabitants
of the WECA area. Where the business of the Local Enterprise
Partnership relates to the discharge of functions of WECA, the
Committee holds these powers also.
North Somerset Councillors sit
alongside the Committee to consider Joint Committee
Note: due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic,
WECA virtual public committee meetings are currently being arranged
as ‘Zoom’ video conferencing meetings, broadcast on the
WECA YouTube channel.
1. Any member of the public can submit a
maximum of two written questions to a meeting.
2. The deadline for the submission of
questions is 5.00 pm, at least 3 clear working days ahead of a
3. Questions should be addressed to the Chair
of the meeting and e-mailed to email@example.com
4. Under the direction of the Chair, wherever
possible, written replies to questions will be sent to questioners
by the end of the working day prior to the meeting.
5. Please note - under WECA committee
procedures, there is no opportunity for oral supplementary
questions to be asked at committee meetings.
6. Questions and replies will be circulated to
committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the
1. Any member of the public may submit a
written statement (or petition) to a meeting.
2. Please note that one statement per
individual is permitted.
3. Statements must be submitted in writing and
received by the deadline of 12 noon on the working day before the
meeting. Statements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org