The Combined Authority’s
Overview & Scrutiny Committee is made up of 11 members from the
across the Combined Authority region. It holds powers to review or
scrutinise the work of the Combined Authority and the discharge of
its functions and make reports or recommendations on these or other
matters which affect inhabitants of the Combined Authority area.
Where the business of the Local Enterprise Partnership relates to
the discharge of functions of the Combined Authority, the Committee
holds these powers also.
North Somerset Councillors sit
alongside the Committee to consider Joint Committee
1. Any member of the public can submit a
maximum of two written questions to a meeting.
2. The deadline for the submission of
questions is 5.00 pm, at least 3 clear working days ahead of a
3. Questions should be addressed to the Chair
of the meeting and e-mailed to email@example.com
4. Under the direction of the Chair, wherever
possible, written replies to questions will be sent to questioners
by the end of the working day prior to the meeting.
5. Please note - under the committee
procedures, there is no opportunity for oral supplementary
questions to be asked at committee meetings.
6. Questions and replies will be circulated to
committee members in advance of the meeting and published on the
Combined Authority website.
1. Any member of the public may submit a
written statement (or petition) to a meeting.
2. Please note that one statement per
individual is permitted.
3. Statements must be submitted in writing and
received by the deadline of 12 noon on the working day before the
meeting. Statements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org